TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
under no circumstance would i put a nitrous bottle anywhere near a person. i've seen too many well designed nitrous systems that have a freak accident and light up. odd's are your legs would be unusuable if that were to happen. a better option would be to rig up a set up where your spare tire goes at least you will have some time to get away from the fire if it were to happen

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
"NOS" is a brand. What you want to add is an Nitrous Oxide (N20) system. Putting highly pressurized canisters of gas inside the cabin isn't the best thing to do either. Unless it's a 'Vette or something like that you should just put it in the trunk like everyone else does.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
under no circumstance would i put a nitrous bottle anywhere near a person. i've seen too many well designed nitrous systems that have a freak accident and light up. odd's are your legs would be unusuable if that were to happen. a better option would be to rig up a set up where your spare tire goes at least you will have some time to get away from the fire if it were to happen
umm, nitrous is NOT flamable.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Perhaps if you had asked your question in the right forum it might have gotten answered by now? BTW it's called the "Nitrous Oxide N2O" forum, not the "NOS" forum. ;)

If you want a NOS kit there's only one company making those and that would be the trademark owner Holly (which i've already linked to above).

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Try a 20 lb bottle in the trunk instead of under the dash. N20 itself is not flammable but it is an oxidizer, which means if combustion is already present it will augment it. I think Zex makes a kit where most of the critical components are integrated into an aluminum housing, and it's supposedly more or less goof-proof.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
NOS and Zex are a couple of the big companies selling NITROUS OXIDE kits and components. I believe most kits will include just about everything you need to get going. Since it's a stock motor I would definitely keep it mild. I'm willing to bet a little time spent reading on either or both of their websites will give you a pretty good idea what you need to get going. Then you can always come back to the Nitrous Oxide forum here and ask about anything you're still fuzzy on.

·
Registered
917 Posts
larger fuel pump has been suggested many times before

·
Heavily Medicated Crime Fighter
2,073 Posts
I had an overpressured N2O tank vent in the backseat while I was driving on the highway. Lots of noise but it did frost up the windows in like three seconds on a hot summer day LOL.

Mine is bolted to the floor behind the pass seat but I now have a vent line going out the floor :)

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
heh.. BatGas

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had an overpressured N2O tank vent in the backseat while I was driving on the highway. Lots of noise but it did frost up the windows in like three seconds on a hot summer day LOL.

Mine is bolted to the floor behind the pass seat but I now have a vent line going out the floor :)

that almost sounds like the scene from Black Sheep.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts