TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was Wondering If I want NOS (50-75 shot) do I just buy a MUstang Kit! I found alot on E-Bay. I think a purge Valve and a BOttle opener is a good idea. The Bottle Opener should save the tranny I think. Does that sound right?

How hard is it to Install, does it take basic tools?

Thanks Keep Burning out!

1994 T-Bird 4.6
removed air silencer
16.1 @ 86 mph

·
Registered
726 Posts
First thing you gotta do is stop calling it NOS. It is nitrous oxide, nitrous, etc, but not NOS. NOS is a company, and there is more then just one nitrous company. Not trying to be mean or anything, but calling it nitrous instead of NOS will not only confuse the ricers, but make you look smarter. :D Second, before you buy any nitrous (or related), go to summitracing.com and buy the book (i think from sa design, not sure) and read up on it. If you don't want to do this, then scour the internet for info. Nitrous is not a toy, and you should learn about it and respect it. Third, i think that there are nitrous kits out there specificly for the mn12's, but others can tell you about that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nitrous

NOS the company makes a kit for the mustang called a dry kit that sprays Nitrous only before the throttle body and has a set up that raises the fuel pressure up to richen the mixture. If you use a wet kit with a single fogger nozzle off another car you need to check your fuel pressure w/vac line removed and call the manufacturer and find out what jets you need for your fuel press-the nitrous jets will be the same.
We used a NOS Mustang dry kit on a 97 Z28 after calling NOS and finding out how to tune the regulator deal that spikes the fuel pressure.
Call the manufacturer of the kit you are thinking of buying and tell them what you want to put it on and ask what you need. The kit on my friends Cougar is mine-it is for my 87 Buick Turbo,it has also been on 3 5.0 Stangs, 85 V6 Fiero,and 94 3.4 Camaro!
Like I saw in another reply read up on it-Knowledge goes a long way!!! Ignorance and ill use kills your motor not the NO2!
Always spray at WOT,around 3,000 rpm,keep plenty of fuel.
Good luck!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Naaaaaaawwwwwssssss!!!lol

I have the ZEX system,Ive ran about 6 tanks thru it with 0 problems.went from 16.7 in 1/4 to 14.9 with a 75 shot.Easy install and very reliable....Recomend 2 degrees cooler plugs from NGK V-Max,ZEX gauge(NOS gauge wont work) and Bottle heater in cooler climates,Later

·
Registered
12 Posts
At sea level, I would easily pull a high 13/low 14 with my shot. I haven't had any issues with it thus far. I have upgraded my fuel system a bit. I have the BBK regulator, which helps (1707).. but you really need to upgrade your fuel pump to keep it from leaning.

·
Registered
215 Posts
weight helps..

I could probably run low 14's if I lost the 500+ lbs.of stereo and video equipment ,but that stuff is more important than almost 1 second in ET.....later dudes

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
Phoenix is right........

Keep your fuel where it needs to be or it'll go bang. Too much is surely better than not enough. It's the total system that counts. Be safe.

·
Registered
215 Posts
weight loss

I might possibly have the heaviest mn12 on earth 4320# W/full tank of nitrous...not counting my 240# while im driving....Its a real pig...Oink oink....

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
And whats sad 1 Bad T, is that you outweigh some light to medium duty trucks, and yuo'll outrun many a coky driver on the road. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts