TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled onto an (somewhat) ongoing discussion on the SN95 forum (shame on me...). The person is working on measuring the specs for various PI (4.6L & 5.4L) and NPI 2V cams. The condensed version and the link to the discussion will be below. I can't speak for everyone but I know that I had heard from great sources that all the PI cams are the same specs. Not looking to start a fight :) Just figured it would be worth sharing. Also in there is bit of discussion about using PI style lash adjusters (slower bleed down) on the intake side of NPI heads. Haven't heard of anyone trying that.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,617 Posts
The cam specs are interesting, some of the duration figures seem a bit unbelievable to me but I suppose it’s possible. My old PI heads/cams were pulled straight from a 01 Bullitt, and I must say it ran stronger than I expected to considering how mild my canned tune, TC and axle ratio were with that combo.

I’d have to read further but I’m skeptical about the claims about the lash adjusters being any different that can’t be attributed to wear and tear, I have had several from various 4.6s, Mustang 2V, Aviator 4V, 97 Cobra 4V, F-150, my originals etc. that I have bench bled and there were no discernible characteristics between each other, in fact there were lash adjusters that came from the same heads that were stiffer or softer with more or less travel. I don’t know of any part number variance either, the only ones I know are different are for the Cobra R/Ford GT/GT500 heads

1 - 2 of 2 Posts