TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled upon this build diary from a fellow enthusiast website and figured I'd share the info here as well. Does all of the info reference us? No but there's a good amount of usefull information on there. I'm sure one of the experts here could correct some info on it if they wanted to, but I figure the more 4r70w tech we can get the better.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128800

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I noticed he uses an aftermarket double seal aluminum OD servo which sounds like a great idea in theory but I would think from what I read about the early ford aluminum pistons being changed to a new bonded piston (Jerry's article) that an aluminum piston would trash the case bore. Not to mention that the added second seal is scarf cut, which I would think would cause seal leakage like the smaller scarf cut seals that are recommended to be upgraded to fitted solid sealing rings on the output shaft for the direct drum.

Any thoughts on those shinny multi-sealed pistons/servos? They look neat, but that doesn't mean crap if the do more harm than good.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
It's a WONDERFUL thread with GREAT pix - He has so many reference Sites I'm not so sure WE (or he admiittedly) can fully grasp the MOTHER of all 4r70w Threads he has started there - It took a LOT of time for me to absorb Jerry's Article & to incorporate all his references into ones particular needs will take a LONGER time - As far as Servos & such I'll stay with whatever Sonnax reccommends & the sporty 2-3 Accumulator DD sells - & I like the solid seals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts