689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
saw this in the paper today :xpcry:

Thursday, November 23, 2006
Double-parking the hard way

By MATT KANNER
Democrat Staff Writer
Picture

Kanner/Democrat photo Emergency personnel help remove the driver of a Subaru Legacy that wound up stacked on top of a Ford Thunderbird after a bizarre accident in front of Portsmouth Regional Hospital on Wednesday. No one was injured.
* Order a print of this photo

PORTSMOUTH — The driver of a Subaru Legacy pulled into a parking space in front of Portsmouth Regional Hospital on Wednesday but wound up parked on top of another vehicle.

Police, firefighters and hospital staff responded to the bizarre accident at approximately 2:30 p.m. and helped Carmen Buford Paige of Dover get out of the Legacy. Buford and her daughter, a passenger in the Legacy, were not injured.

"I can't say what happened, it happened so quickly," said Paige, who was visiting the hospital to pick up some medical records.

Paige said she was turning into a parking space when the car lurched forward, went over a curb and drove up the hood of the Thunderbird, which was parked in an adjacent handicap space. No one was in the Thunderbird.

"I'm mad at myself for something like that happening," Paige said, adding she thought she had her foot on the brake.

Her daughter, Laurine Towler, said she was visiting from New York for Thanksgiving. She said the incident was more baffling than scary.

Donna Michaud, of Epping, was exiting the hospital after visiting her mother when she noticed the strange accident. It took her a moment to realize the Thunderbird at the bottom of the mess belonged to her mother, Elizabeth Hurteau, who was in the hospital for surgery on her 65th birthday.

"I'm in shock," Michaud said. "That's her baby. That's her one thing she has left that's nice."

Towler apologized to Michaud and said her mother had insurance. Both were glad no one was injured in the crash.

A group of people gathered outside the hospital's entrance as a tow truck pulled the Legacy off the Thunderbird and hauled it away. Officer Rich Brabazon said he did not expect charges to be filed as a result of the crash.

·
Registered
493 Posts
That is unreal. Can you see your duaghter coming in after surgery tell you your car is totaled and the car never left the parking spot that s***ks.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I think your sig says it all.
"brakes we dont need no stinking brakes just stand on the gas"

·
Administrator
8,113 Posts

OMG, luckily no one was in the car at that time. Kind of tough to see any damage, hopefully not too bad.

Joe

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice birthday present.

It amazes me that people who are that inattentive actually make it into adulthood alive. Fortunately, I suppose, the damage is "merely" emotional and financial.

-Dom

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
yea double whamy, go in for surgery on ur bday AND have ur car jacked up lol id be rip sh*t

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
yea double whamy, in for surgery on ur bday AND get ur car jacked up. id be rip sh*t

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
sorry for double post, something happened with my internet......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts