TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on making an exhaust for my car. The plan is 2.5in pipes from the headers to a dual in dual out flowmaster mounted mid body. Then 2.5in pipes to the rear and an X-Pipe after the diff., under the bumper area, then two pipes out the back. Everything is fine except the backpressure problem. Since its going to be catless I'm worried that the flowmaster won't make enough backpressure for the low end torque. I picked a flowmaster for the sound and the flow through them. Since they are on the restrictive side I'm hoping the pressure should be enough to offset the loss of cats. Any opinions on this?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
the flowmaster should create enough..they dont flow THAT well...

and why an x pipe when the flowmaster is a common chamber?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The flowmaster is not a common chamber, its more like 2 mufflers welded together. thats the plan for now, I need to find a way to make circle tubing into an oval. If not, I'll use a common chamber flowmaster 50 and just skip the X.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
i was just about to post a question on weather a magnaflow 2 in/one out would create enough backpressure if i ran it catless, from 2.25" piping from headers, into the midmounted magnaflow, to single 3" piping splitting on the back...would the magnaflow be more or less restrictive than the flowmasters...

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
smokymance said:
i was just about to post a question on weather a magnaflow 2 in/one out would create enough backpressure if i ran it catless, from 2.25" piping from headers, into the midmounted magnaflow, to single 3" piping splitting on the back...would the magnaflow be more or less restrictive than the flowmasters...
much less restrictive...

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
would 2.25 x2 /3" out be enough back pressure with a magnaflow and no cats? its that or i might go 2.5x2/ 3" out with no cats

·
Registered
773 Posts
the X or H needs to be before the flow master the chambers in the muffler will have already canceled out the exhaust pluses before the get to the X pipe after the mufflers run your 2.5 into the muffler and 2.25 out to you 3in tip the will build you low-end back up. On the chero I am running an offroad 2.5 mustang Xpipe into 2 chamber flowmasters 2.25 up and over the axle into 4 in x 20 stainless tip flattened into a 2.24 oval exiting out the side after the rear tire. It has more low end torque than it did with the flows just dumping straight out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts