TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was at work today (I'm currently working out of town), and as I was about to get off, I got a call from my wife saying that she wrecked my car into a ditch! :( She said that she was hanging out with her younger brother and his friend and for some reason she decided to take them for a "ride"... She took them to a road I usually play around on, and got in it a little too much, and lost control. Everyone is fine, no scrapes, bumps, bruises, but my car didn't fare so well... The bumper cover is busted on the bottom, and the radiator is toast. :mad: She drove it home (about 3-4 miles) with the radiator busted... I hope she didn't damage the motor driving that distance with no coolant.

I am frustrated beyond words right now, and truth be told a little sick. I can't seem to get ahead. I swear every time I make progress something comes around to kick me in the balls. Not sure what I do to deserve it, but I guess times like this test your character. I'm actually kinda proud of myself cause as much as I love my car, I didn't even get mad at my wife for wrecking it. I was just glad she was ok. But the longer I think about it the more sick I get.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I'm really sorry that this happened to you. I'm surprised though that you aren't mad at your wife about wrecking it.

Even if it can be considered "community property" (and she could claim it was half hers), did she show any kind of remorse for damaging the vehicle? Was she drunk/high when she lost control?

Also, why did she continue driving it 3-4 mi without a radiator.... do you not have a roadside assistance? Where did she think the steam emanating from the front of the car came from?

It sounds like she needs a little growing up to do. If you can "afford" your wife and her "quirks", fine -- milk the situation for all its worth.

-g

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Sorry to hear about that brother. Listen, 1st off, been here myself. Wifey side swiped a pole backing out of her parking stall at her job, damaging quite a bit of the sliding door of our soccer mom van. Anywho, after I got over being "mad" also, I realized, wife is ok, car is ok, it's all material at the end of the day. You said it best, check your character. Nothing me or anyone on this board can say will rewind time and fix your car. Especially if your wife or any passenger had been hurt. Life is short, and if your age listed is correct, I've got 10 yrs on you. I look around and realize I am blessed and favored by my Lord regardless of what I do and don't have. Be encouraged man, the cup is half full. Pick yourself back up on the bike, and dust yourself off. Everything will work out for the good, I pray the damages aren't extensive.

Peace....Oz :angel2:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
That really sucks! At least she was 100% up front about it. Hopefully her decision to drive home doesn't cost too much...

I'm actually kinda proud of myself cause as much as I love my car, I didn't even get mad at my wife for wrecking it. I was just glad she was ok.
Keep running with this attitude.

Accidents happen. You should be mad/upset but don't be a jerk and take it out on your wife and throw it in her face. I'm sure she already feels bad.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Sorry to hear Blake :mad: Best wishes on the repair . Wife here has not drove mine since 07 ;) And good for ya for not hurting her feelings.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
That sucks about the car. Glad everyone is alright. I will bet she learned a lesson and respect it alittle more. Hope your motors ok. Good luck

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Glad to hear that your wife and everybody else is alright.

The car, is just a material possession at the end of the day which can be replaced as a few people have already said. If the car was still drive able, hopefully there's nothing wrong with the engine and she'll only need body work and some paint to get her going again.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Plz tell me this wasnt the slut!!!!!! Plz tell me it was the NA car u have.. :facepalm:

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm really sorry that this happened to you. I'm surprised though that you aren't mad at your wife about wrecking it.

Even if it can be considered "community property" (and she could claim it was half hers), did she show any kind of remorse for damaging the vehicle? Was she drunk/high when she lost control?

Also, why did she continue driving it 3-4 mi without a radiator.... do you not have a roadside assistance? Where did she think the steam emanating from the front of the car came from?

It sounds like she needs a little growing up to do. If you can "afford" your wife and her "quirks", fine -- milk the situation for all its worth.

-g
She wasn't drunk or high...she isn't that kind of woman and she feels horrible about all of this. She just told me that it didn't overheat on the way home. She said the radiator wasn't pouring until it was parked at the house for a little while. And her ''quirks'' are one of the MANY reasons i love her.
Jamie it was the slut. I don't have the other bird any more.

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
Well, it wasn't totaled - I don't think - based on what you said.

I was waiting to hear more from you Blake before responding.

I'll give you a shout (call) later this week and see if I can help somehow.

Take it easy, hug your wife, have a beer or whatever helps you relax and get some rest. You'll both get through this.

I'll catch ya later.

Regards,

Ron

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
SoB not the slut!! Been watching that car for years lol.Glad to hear all involved are safe and not injured. But I would be soooo :mad: . Yes its just a material possession and can be fixed/replaced. And I wouldnt be stupid to her about it But my :mad: meter would be pegged :D

On a side note , did you go to where the accident happen to see the burnout marks lol

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the comments everyone. Ron I had a friend check the car out for me, and I think the damage is limited to the bumper and radiator. He said It just looked like it bottomed out in the dirt and It might also need an alignment. My wife has vowed not to drive my car again...lol. I just spent about 4 grand getting a house, and all new appliances,1700 on mods for my car, and this happens a month later when I'm broke...lol Life is weird like that sometimes I guess.

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SoB not the slut!! Been watching that car for years lol.Glad to hear all involved are safe and not injured. But I would be soooo :mad: . Yes its just a material possession and can be fixed/replaced. And I wouldnt be stupid to her about it But my :mad: meter would be pegged :D

On a side note , did you go to where the accident happen to see the burnout marks lol
I'm out of town right now so I won't see anything till saturday.

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
Thanks for the comments everyone. Ron I had a friend check the car out for me, and I think the damage is limited to the bumper and radiator. He said It just looked like it bottomed out in the dirt and It might also need an alignment. My wife has vowed not to drive my car again...lol. I just spent about 4 grand getting a house, and all new appliances,1700 on mods for my car, and this happens a month later when I'm broke...lol Life is weird like that sometimes I guess.
LOL :tongue:

I was going to suggest that. I'm glad she came to that decision on her own.

Congrats on the new house and appliances! :zbeer: Be careful you don't add a new baby to the mix until your ready. That make up sex can be great but it's dangerous! ;) :zwall:

You'll get through this, it sounds like you two are already on the right track.

Best wishes to both of you!

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Already got 2 kids. DON'T WONT NO MO!!! lol and we have the mirena so no worries there. I told her when the car is fixed I'm gonna take to an abandoned parking lot, and teach her how to control that much power safely.

·
Super Moderator
11,918 Posts
Already got 2 kids. DON'T WONT NO MO!!! lol and we have the mirena so no worries there. I told her when the car is fixed I'm gonna take to an abandoned parking lot, and teach her how to control that much power safely.
Cool! I don't remember if you told me you had kids or not. Well, if you make it to the Carolinas this fall your kids can meet mine.

Driving lessons for your wife will be a lot of fun.

I wish my wife would take more interest in the car...

Yea, these cars at 300+ HP are a handfull! I'm really going to have to learn to drive mine all over again after this latest round of upgrades.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Now you've got a beat up slut! haha I had to say it! Glad to hear everone is well, with minor damage hopefully. Must've hit pretty hard to have the radiator bust

·
Registered
35 Posts

-g
First off...hi I'm the wife...second that's rude....I was proud of my husbands car, I normally handle it extremely well....he recently added a few things that jacked the power of that beast, I had no idea or else I would have never been there/ done that, I tried to get out of the fish tail it was in but panicked and hit gas instead of letting it go....guess what I kept it from rolling by keeping my head....what little I had left...instantly got out of the ditch I was in drove less than a mile got out did a once over on the car...the whole way home I kept an eye on all gauges....I'm not some dumb blonde I know some things about the bird....seeing as I am on here! Once home I went over car with a fine toothed comb....seen the fluid starting to leak and immediately called Blake's car buddy to ascertain the damage...I never once acted like an idiot...just happened to loose control, accidents happen....so before you judge and be rude maybe listen or in this case read a bit....I was horribly upset because I know how important this car is to my husband, I would never be able to forgive myself if something worse had happened to the Silver slut...so please...Don't hate on me to much because I did my best to get her out of the spin and to get her back safely :(

1 - 20 of 61 Posts