TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a tlock with 3.27 already installed and I wanted to put 3.55 for my turbo setup but I has been a real PITA trying to find someone to install the gears. All places that I have called want 350-450 to just install the gears which I think it is BS. So, in a turbo car, will there be any noticeable difference between 3.27 and 3.55 on a turbo car?

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,792 Posts
I have heard it said that its not wroth it for 3.55 but 3.73 and higher gets more pull for the $

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read that the lower number gears do better for turbos because it puts stress on the turbos which in turn makes them spool faster... and they pull like a sob on top... So I am looking for my options. If I stay with the 3.27 I can put a little more money into my tranny/tc combo..

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I have read that the lower number gears do better for turbos because it puts stress on the turbos which in turn makes them spool faster... and they pull like a sob on top... So I am looking for my options. If I stay with the 3.27 I can put a little more money into my tranny/tc combo..

It's my opinion that if you plan on driving on anything other than a straight road, you need a manual to get the most out of turbos. IF you're planning on hauling butt from stoplight to stoplight only, then the auto is fine, but for cornering turbos and autos are a bad combo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts