TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've run across a PI intake, cams, and the TB and stuff to make it work, on here, and I was just wondering, would I actually have noticeable gains from this stuff on my 95 LX? My car only sees the oval track, and spends most of the race between 3500-5500 RPM with alot of WOT. Let me know, hopefully I can snag this stuff up and whoop some camaro's next year.

Thanks alot for any advice,

Brandon

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Do a search for the required parts needed for the PI swap on a 95 engine. It takes more stuff to do it on a 95. I think the changes would be quite noticeable. From what I've read the PI parts don't really kick in until around 3,000 rpm, and then they are really noticeable. And according to some, the biggest difference in the PI and NPI heads are the cams.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Traveler said:
Do a search for the required parts needed for the PI swap on a 95 engine. It takes more stuff to do it on a 95. I think the changes would be quite noticeable. From what I've read the PI parts don't really kick in until around 3,000 rpm, and then they are really noticeable. And according to some, the biggest difference in the PI and NPI heads are the cams.
:zwthstpd:

Just remember: You can't install the PI cams in the early (95 and earlier) heads. :bawling:

I have some 96 NPI heads with a fresh valve job available for a good price....in addition to some PI cams.... also for sale....

Yes, I have no shame. :zwall:

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
94 Daily Driven 4.6L said:
:zwthstpd:

I have some 96 NPI heads with a fresh valve job available for a good price....in addition to some PI cams.... also for sale....

Oo Oo Oo!! Me to! I have some freshly rebuilt NPI heads for sale as well, in addition to PI cams! :D Of course 94 daily driven spoke up first.

(I have no shame either. :D )

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts