TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to change the plugs on my '95 4.6 tonight and lookit at what I found. :eek:

The layout in the pic is the same as if you were looking at the engine from the rear (sorry I had laid them out backwards), ie the plugs on your left came off the drivers side.

At first I thought this might be from detonation, but the electrodes are fine and the white powdery substance you can see wipes off (as seen by the plugs on the right side). I've never seen anything like this and believe me, I've been changing plugs for a LONG time. :rolleyes:

The only problem that the car has is the typical slight oil burning form the valve seals that the 95's are known for.

Has anybody ever seen anything like this, or have an idea what might cause this?

TIA

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
umm thats dont look that terriable to tell you the truth. Ive had alot worse and the car ran decent. Not sure what the cause could be but then again my car is a whore

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
What are you seeing? The rust?

·
The Parts Guy
7,647 Posts
The white powdery substance is ash, the result of oil entering the combustion chamber (most likely through worn valve seals).

-Rod

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I thought that's what it might be from after thinking about it for a while, but a second opinion helps the nerves. :tongue:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Rust from moisture and water from washing engine probably, Same as mine when i changed em out. i used to wash down the engine with a power washer.tried covering everything but it does get passed.
SAL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts