TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Maybe if they modified the trunk and the hood a little larger I could have the tbird concept.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I think that would be perfect for a Bird nameplate!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Put into production IN THE USA!!! That's an awesome looking car, gullwing doors and all. Unfortunately we dont get anything good here............. we get the watered down crap here.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Put into production IN THE USA!!! That's an awesome looking car, gullwing doors and all. Unfortunately we dont get anything good here............. we get the watered down crap here.
Come on! It has to compete!
You dont actually think they are going to build that car as shown, anywhere, do you?

If Ford didnt care about that, they wouldnt have dumped Jag and Aston Martin.

What big car company is not financed on the taxpayer dime? Bueller... Bueller.. Anyone?

Overall, I like it. It certainly DOES look "'Bird-ish" Needs a little more real world dimensioning though.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Needs to be longer and RWD to be a 'bird, looks more like a Probe ATM...

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Ford isn't doing RWD anymore, everything is front or AWD.

They should make it AWD, Ecoboost 3.5L or even go with a 4 cylinder Ecoboost. Then, mate it with a 6 or 7 speed dual clutch automatic. Load it up with high tech features including MyTouch. No stripped models, every car is completely loaded.

Make it a car that someone would take to work everyday but also have fun on the weekends.

The SHO guys were able to mount an effort to have SHO return, I think we could do the same with the Thunderbird.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Petition anyone? I think that would have to be an AWD. Lose the doors, they're impractical. But I agree with what's been said. It needs to be more realistic to get to production. But then again, doesn't ever concept have to be a bit more realistic (see chevy Volt)

·
Super Moderator
16,837 Posts

They should make it AWD, Ecoboost 3.5L or even go with a 4 cylinder Ecoboost. Then, mate it with a 6 or 7 speed dual clutch automatic. Load it up with high tech features including MyTouch. No stripped models, every car is completely loaded.

Make it a car that someone would take to work everyday but also have fun on the weekends.

The SHO guys were able to mount an effort to have SHO return, I think we could do the same with the Thunderbird.
That's because Ford USA hasn't actually done any mainstream platform development on their own for well over a decade. Until I see a non Mustang Ford without a front heavy transverse engine based on A. a Volvo or B. a Mazda 6, I'm not interested.

And SHO guys had it easy...

The original SHOs were 4 door sedans from the start, all Ford makes now are 4 door sedans.

Original SHOs had a high output V6, Ford just happened to develop a high output turbo V6.

Ford has factories that make badges, they can make a badge that has 3 letters in their sleep!

I'm sure Ford fought that effort tooth and nail!:rolleyes::tongue:

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Come on! It has to compete!
You dont actually think they are going to build that car as shown, anywhere, do you?

If Ford didnt care about that, they wouldnt have dumped Jag and Aston Martin.

What big car company is not financed on the taxpayer dime? Bueller... Bueller.. Anyone?

Overall, I like it. It certainly DOES look "'Bird-ish" Needs a little more real world dimensioning though.
:facepalm:

for me it looks like focus on steroids... with a little bit of bmw x6 = dislike :p
:rofl:

·
Super Moderator
11,929 Posts
I like it.

Not that Ford will ever build it ... but I like it.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Looks like the Messenger Concept to me.

But to be honest if there is going to be a new T-bird it would/should be a 2-door Fusion. Hopefully with more powerful engine (think Mustang/SHO in a Fusion).

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

Sounds like the Audi S5, which if I were to buy a new car I would actually purchase. ..

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
A mustang nose on a focus back end....yeah I'm gonna pass. I think I might have thrown up in my mouth a little too, maybe I'm too narrow minded though who knows. Not a good looking car in my opinion though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts