TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I misplaced one of the nuts for the exhaust manifold flange... what size nut would I need to find to replace it?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I kinda felt retarded in home depot, I used a 15mm socket to get it off but when I was out looking around even a 10mm nut was too big.

·
Super Moderator
9,297 Posts
IIRC they're 14mm (9/16") heads, 3/8" bolt size. Can't remember the thread count but the non-metric stainless 3/8" nuts I bought there threaded up fine, although I am going to replace it with a lock nut before it is driven again next year.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll give er a shot tomorrow if traffic isn't bad around base (everyone is coming back form holiday) and let you know. right now I have an exhaust leak after hacking off old rusty to put in a new fuel pump and ran into some problems welding the mandrel system in one of which being the nut the other being the little flange piece of pipe is either too wide or out of round... will find out after getting that nut. May have to pull it all out and cut small peices off where it goes on the exhaust manifold till it's tight... that and use the cone metal cone thingy and a hammer to make it round... ugh

·
Super Moderator
9,297 Posts
Did they send you the inserts for the manifolds? The pipes are 2 1/2 and the manifolds are designed for 2 1/4", so you need the insert to make the dish size the correct diameter so it will seat properly.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ummm no, that would explain I suppose.

·
Super Moderator
9,297 Posts
The first kit they sent me didn't have them either, but the re-engineered front section they sent to replace the old pipes did have them. I'd send them an e-mail and say the inserts for the manifold to downtube joints weren't included and you need them to complete your install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts