TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone Near Ashland Oregon That Wouldn't Mind Checking Out This MN12?

My search for a low mileage MN12 has been going on for a few years now. I really prefer a southern car that wasn't driven in the rust belt. I found this 1997 on CL and I was wondering if anyone lived near Ashland, OR who might like to look at it and let me know what kind of condition the car is in? The Craigslist pictures don't give a lot of detail. For now I'm mostly looking to see if it is truly rust free and how the interior looks.

VERY NICE 1997 FORD THUNERBIRD (ONLY 76,000 MILES)

1997 FORD THUNDER BIRD, ONLY 76,000 MILES, 4.6L V8, AUTO, AIR, POWER MOONROOF, POWER WINDOWS AND DOOR LOCKS, TILT AND CRUISE, AM/FM CD PLAYER, ALLOY WHEELS, REAR SPOILER, DRIVES EXCELLENT. A GREAT CAR. STOCK #4724

THIS VEHICLE COMES WITH A 3 MONTH/3,000 MILE LIMITED WARRANTY (SEE US FOR SPECIFIC DETAILS)

GREAT FINANCING AVAILABLE

WE GLADLY ACCEPT TRADE-INS

ASHLAND MOTOR COMPANY (OREGON DEALER #4269)

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
This car has been on craigslist for several months so you might get a good deal on it. I'm a 60 mile round trip from the dealer, but my son works in Ashland. If you are seriously interested in buying this car, I might consider asking him to stop by there and look at it. I talked to an employee there who assured me they do not deal in any cars with rust issues.

Laurie said you should call and talk to the owners who would probably be glad to send you more pictures.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response. I did actually call them on Saturday and talked to the owner for probably 5 minutes. I mentioned getting more pictures but the conversation kept going & I forgot to ask again before we hung up. I very interested in the car but to be honest a lot of it is going to depend on the cost of shipping it to NY. And I'm definitely not looking to inconvenience anyone, I just thought I'd throw it out there in case someone here lived really close to the dealer and didn't mind taking a look at it. I'm a little nervous buying a car site unseen, there are just so many things that pictures can't tell someone about the car plus I'm a bit nit picky. For instance I noticed there is a cover on the steering wheel, I wonder if that means the leather on the steering wheel is badly peeling? It wouldn't be a deal breaker but it makes me wonder what problems I'm not seeing.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Its about a 3 hour drive from me. I wish I had room for more cars. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts