TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a 97 have a fuse for the O/D on off button?

The past owner of my car installed an after market shifter knob and removed the O/D Button.

After buying and installed a stock shifter I found out that the O/D button works but it stopped working a sort time later.

When it stopped working I touched the two wires together, when I did that the O/D Off light popped on so I did the same thing to get it off and now it no longer works????

·
W&S Motorsports
161 Posts
Would a 97 have a fuse for the O/D on off button?

The past owner of my car installed an after market shifter knob and removed the O/D Button.

After buying and installed a stock shifter I found out that the O/D button works but it stopped working a sort time later.

When it stopped working I touched the two wires together, when I did that the O/D Off light popped on so I did the same thing to get it off and now it no longer works????
+1

Page 29-2 of the EVTM shows a 5A fuse (HOT IN RUN) connected with a P/O wire to the O/D switch (momentary contact type) . From the other contact of the switch a T/W wire is run to the PCM Pin 29.

·
W&S Motorsports
161 Posts
The 5A fuse should not normally blow, if the wires are getting pinched or nicked to GND then.... If there was no fuse it could smoke the harness.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drove around all day today pushing the button trying to see if it would freak out and never did so maybe it was just something I did with one of the wires.

I checked around the wiring and did not see any hot spots or places were it could have grounded out, it's one of them 1 in 100000 things I guess. .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts