TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well got in my car tody and my overdrive off light will not come on wtf will it not turn on if the tranny is goin out or is it definet its just the switch?

·
Registered
68 Posts
speaking of the overdirve light, got a second question about overdrive. Is it faster? What's the difference between OD, and OD off, power wise. I know that it doesn;t go onto overdrive, but...well, could someone explain OD to me. Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Could be just the bulb burned out for the o/d light. I know mine burned out long ago. Are you not getting any response from the tranny when you hit the button?

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
With OD off, the car will stay in 3rd gear, so the RPMs will be higher at speed. Eventually you will rev it out and run out of power, hence the OD. OD allows you to cruise at a higher rate of speed yet the motor is turning much slower. This also gives you better gas mileage on the highway.

Jay

·
5,650 Posts
Yeah you can turn O/D off when to help under a large load or even if you need to jump start the downshift so you can pass someone or do what you need. It's also good for when you are travelling through a hilly area and the transmission is constantly shifting up and down. Turning off O/D will stop that shifting from happening which just causes increased stress/wear on the trans.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I see, so, it's best for straight-aways, to save gas. Thanks! BY the way, that time in your sig, is that 1 minute and 29 seconds?????? if so, DAMN THAT'S SLOW!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts