TCCoA Forums banner

O MAN, not good

749 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  RidinOnAir 
#1 · (Edited)
I was getting ready to do my LCA's today and when I was taking off the lug nuts, one of them was kinda hard, so i pushed down and it snapped right off. It bolt is broken and there is no way to put another lug nut on it. WHAT DO I DO? THIS SUCKS!!! Any upgrades I should do since i have to fix the problem anyways..

AND can i leave on nut off the car and just put the other ones on and drive it until i get the parts? Thanks

Should i do a mustang hub swap? Thanks

#2 ·
garyneff said:
I was getting ready to do my LCA's today and when I was taking off the lug nuts, one of them was kinda hard, so i pushed down and it snapped right off. It bolt is broken and there is no way to put another lug nut on it. WHAT DO I DO? THIS SUCKS!!! Any upgrades I should do since i have to fix the problem anyways..

AND can i leave on nut off the car and just put the other ones on and drive it until i get the parts? Thanks

Should i do a mustang hub swap? Thanks
Why can't you remove the broken stud and put a new one in?

#4 ·
take a hammer, whack out the old stud.... ,

insert new stud from back of the hub... find some huge washers and put new lug nut onto partially inserted stud, tighten down lugnut as much as possible.. it really helps if you have a friend here because that new stud is going to have to be forced into the hub, just start cranking down on the lug nut to pull the stud into the hub..

keep going untill back of stud is bottomed out

thats my best directions i can give you

as far as where to get a stud, go to the auto parts store, just tell them your car and say hey, i need a new stud and lug nut, probably 3-5 bucks for both.

#5 ·
I had trouble finding the right ones at the local parts stores, Napa, Advance auto, and Autozone...Dan Newman should be able to help you out though. I rode around for quite some time with 4 lugs on each rear wheel.....

#7 ·
IMHO, I would not go "whacking" on the hubs... unless you want to warp the hub. :beek:

I'm assuming you're doing the fronts so just remove the spindle nut and pull the hub. PRESS the stud out and press a new one in. Making sure to use an appropriately sized receiver tube (deep well socket works great). :thumbsup:

The flange for the hub really isn't that thick and a good whack might warp it.

Just my .02. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.