but i can't find were they put the govenor and the
chip i put in didn't cancel the govonor completly
befor it shut off at 105 now it shuts of at 115
can anyone help remove this i'm tired of mustangs beating
me in top end

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
And you installed a better driveshaft too right? Say yes....please please say yes.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
how about them tires??? u better not have some $25 kmart tires...

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Wow, full of helpful info :rolleyes:

click here
then scroll down and click on EEC removal.

It sounds like you have a Hypertech or Jet chip (or some other "off the shelf" chip). They will only raise the limiter a little bit (like 105-115) to what the speed rating of the factory tires were. So there is nothing wrong w/ your chip, unless it's not one of the one's I mentioned.

·
8,978 Posts
Aaron_T said:
Wow, full of helpful info :rolleyes:
I thought my input was helpful. I doubt mr. psychobird281 wants to find himself with a detached u-joint while going 125mph down the highway. If he doesn't know about that problem then he needs to be made aware :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Thomas said:

I thought my input was helpful. I doubt mr. psychobird281 wants to find himself with a detached u-joint while going 125mph down the highway. If he doesn't know about that problem then she needs to be made aware :rolleyes:
Yours was the only post that was helpful. Of course the chances of him/her knowing what you were talking about w/o more info is slim.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D

·
8,978 Posts
Aaron_T said:

Yours was the only post that was helpful. Of course the chances of him/her knowing what you were talking about w/o more info is slim.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D
You're right I should have been more thurough. I'd put in more rolleyes than you but it limits it :( So I'll just contain myself.

I'd suggest dumping the hypertech/jet chip and getting one from dennis reinhart at www.reinhartautomotive.com or brian herron at www.apten-us.com

-Thomas

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
psychobird, the right guys are right. The stock driveshaft cannot exceed ~110 MPH, or it WILL break. Also, make sure you have speed rated tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh i know about the tires and drive shaft hats not a problem at all
getting a set of brigestone z rated tires and there is a shop that
custom makes driveshafts and u-joints and yokes if i need those too

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
hotbird said:
psychobird, the right guys are right. The stock driveshaft cannot exceed ~110 MPH, or it WILL break. Also, make sure you have speed rated tires.
I assume you mean it has a good chance of breaking.

What chip do you have then psychobird?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts