TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok... so I was getting a P0155 and P0161 when I first got the car up and running again. So I bought the O2 sensors for the drivers bank. For ****s and giggles, I checked the codes before I started..... P0155, P0161, P0135, and P0141.............. all heater circuit malfunctions for every O2 sensor. I only got the bank 2 sensors before but I guess after driving it for a while the other bank now is failing.

I replaced the O2's on the drivers bank being that those were the first ones I saw. SES comes right back on again. Drivers bank o2 heater circuit failure with brank new denso o2's...... I'm sure if I drive it a little more I'll get the other bank again.

What gives? I have NO clue where to start now. I checked the HEGO fuse and it's good. Has anyone had this before or know how to fix it? I have to send the car through inspection by next week and really would like it to pass on the first shot. I dont want to go throwing parts at a problem because I dont have the money to do that.

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Check that there's power on the HEGO fuse when the engine is running, and if so, start tracing the wiring from the sensors up in to the harness.

·
Super Moderator
10,575 Posts
Dead rear sensors caused this for me; replacing all 4 worked.

Replacing just the front ones didn't do anything.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do get power to the fuse.

Like I said I dont want to throw parts in hopes that it fixes the problem. I did the full drivers bank O2's and I still get the p0155 with the car sitting in my driveway. I would have to drive it around a little bit to see if the other codes show up again. It always starts with bank 2 sensor 1, then sensor 2, then I imagine follows suit with the other bank, but it's not an immediate code. I have to find a wiring diagram and test to see what's going on I guess.....

did I mention how much I HATE electrical issues???:zsoapbox:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think this could be a PCM issue? It started with just the drivers side bank with the heater circuit malfunction, then has now migrated to the passanger bank as well. just trying to think of possible places to start looking for the issue. It's not an immediate code, it usually takes 2-3 start cycles for it to come on, and it goes bank 2 sensor 1, then b2 s2, then b1 s2, then b1 s1. This could be over the course of a day or so of driving.

I'm going to test output to the o2 heater circuit at the pcm and see what happens. It's jut hot as hell out and dont want to kill myself looking for a simple issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts