TCCoA Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
most popular autopart stores will rent you the socket that makes changing them a breeze. And, as long as you can get up under the car easily with some room to spare, its pretty simple. Probably a 30 min. job. as long as they are cool, longer if their hot.

Ok thread resurrection time. Helping my sister out with her 97 3.8 t-bird (my old one). I've worked with the 4.6 for so long now that the 3.8 is a mystery to me. How many 02 sensors does this engine have and where? The 4.6 has four, one per side before each cat, and one per side after each cat. I assumed the 3.8 was the same way, but could be wrong. Anyone want to help me out here?
Same, 1 upwind both cats & 1 downwind both cats. If shows a p0135/p0155 the way to fix that & never shows a code again because I had the o2 sensors go bad on my 96 3.8 is get a 12w resonator & pull both upwind o2 sensors out of the cat. There will be 4 wires going into the covering of the wire harness. Cut the two black wire off the o2 sensor & leave the blue/white wire still connected to o2 sensor. Take the two black wires & run to both ends of the 12w resonator. The resonator has two holes on both side to mount to the inner body or frame(your choice). Its a bypass & it's worked for me for years but I'm only in my early 20s lol. Word from the wise. Hope helps for further problems & an easy fix to never accrue again.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.