TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh man, the o2 sensors in my car are giving me big trouble. They dont wanna come out, I've used PB Blaster to try to loosen them, didnt work, just made the engine compartment smell, tried heatng them up, that didnt work either. What do I do?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Did you let the PB Blaster set overnight? On things that are really stuck, PB Blaster may take a few doses to work it's way into all the nooks and crannies.

Just my .02 and yeah, O2's can be tight!! :beek:

·
Registered
63 Posts
DSBirdman89 said:
oh man, the o2 sensors in my car are giving me big trouble. They dont wanna come out, I've used PB Blaster to try to loosen them, didnt work, just made the engine compartment smell, tried heatng them up, that didnt work either. What do I do?
I had to change those on my Mark VIII after I bought it used. They hadn't been changed in ages. I'd start on it, get frustrated, and quit for the day. I didn't get them loose till two days after I started tugging on them.

Just keep at it. Drive it for a while to get things hot, then cool it off with a spray of PB Blaster. Let it soak few minutes, then get to work on it again. You'll do it.

Remember to put anti-seize compound on your new sensors' threads.

Oh yeah; try not to put them on too tight. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts