TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced all the o2 sensors in my 97 t-bird 3 weeks ago. This turned the "service engine soon" light off. This week the light came back on. I borrowed an analyzer from a friend who owns a service station and got 3 codes
P0605 - PCM Read Only Memory Error.
P0135 - Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater circuit fault - Bank No. 1.
P0156 - Downstream Heated Oxygen Sensor circuit fault - Bank No. 2.

Would this be a computer problem or could the sensors have failed already. BTW I have a chip from Customchip.

Any ideas would be appreciated.:confused:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I've got a Jerry chip and I am pulling similar O2 codes. The service engine light will come on for a few days, then go off. i bought a new set of front O2's but haven't installed them yet.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Just to ease your pain a little, i think the p0605 code is the one that pops up when you have a chip installed or your eec is reflashed. I dunno otherwise, check connections, clear the codes and see if they pop up again. What kind of o2 sensors did you buy? Not some generic brand, i hope. Maybe someone can recommend a brand (please?)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I reset the codes with the Snap-On anaylzer, but the light came back on within 15 minutes. I removed the computer (arghhh!) and when I had it in my hot little hand, I noticed that the chip was slightly cocked. I remove the chip, cleaned the contacts and used some plastic shims to fill the 1/4" gap between the chip and the computer case and duct taped it securely in place. I re-installed the computer, reconnected the battery and fired it up. The light has stayed off and it's been a couple of days now. :D

·
Premium Member
8,239 Posts
Tape it down with duct tape to make sure it doesn't go anywhere on you.

JH

bigbird said:
I reset the codes with the Snap-On anaylzer, but the light came back on within 15 minutes. I removed the computer (arghhh!) and when I had it in my hot little hand, I noticed that the chip was slightly cocked. I remove the chip, cleaned the contacts and used some plastic shims to fill the 1/4" gap between the chip and the computer case and duct taped it securely in place. I re-installed the computer, reconnected the battery and fired it up. The light has stayed off and it's been a couple of days now. :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the stinkin light is on again. :mad: I installed Blue Streak sensors. I hope there is warranty on them.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
i almost have the same problem...the only code i pull is P0156...i have MILs for my exhaust since im running no cats...what is my problem now????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts