TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone!
I have a problem i just did a tune up on my 1994 cougar with a 4.6. and i changed all the O2 sensors but ever since i put in the Bosch premium sensors in the computer has not recorded the sensors as functioning correctly. i have reset the computer multiple time both by unpluging the battery and allowing it to reset that way and by using a hand scanner in a shop but nothing has worked. any thoughts would be appreciated because other than sepnding $97 a sensor for the motorcraft, no one has any other ideas.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sounds like your tune up may have gone bad. Recheck the spark plug gap, connection to the O2 sensors and, any thing that was changed or moded reciently. When I Build my cold air intake I didn't realize that my MAF was on backward. That screwed the timing up and I was triping a code On my O2 sensors.

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ill try checking the gap in the morning i'll let you know how it works thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
No probelm. Be sure to check your connection on the O2 sensors. I'm sure you thought they clicked in when you changed em' but I've heard too many times, that someone moded something and they forgot to plug something in or missed something like that. Hopefully that's your problem and not some crazy expensive thing messing up your timing.

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice but this morning i looked and all the plugs are up to spec and so are all the connections, i was hoping it was that simple but alas NO says my comp. well i do have the o2 sensor code and an EGR code, and i talked to a friend of mine and he said he had a towncar that had a similar problem and what it ended up being was the little opening that create vacume for the EGR had a build up on them so we are gonna take apart the throttle body and see if maybe thats it. well thanks for all the advice i'll let you know if it works, again thanks alot. :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dang. Too bad it wasn't a simple problem. I just know one thing is for shure. Always check the simple thing first. They are easily overlooked and can cost you a fortune in the long run. Good Luck. May God help you and have fun with EGR.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts