TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called my ford dealer to get some o2 sensors for my bird and they gave me 2 different prices for both up stream sensors and both down stream sensors. The 2 upstream sensors had two different part numbers as well as both downstream sensors. What's the difference and does it really matter?

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
the downstream sensors (after the cats) are only for monitoring if the cats are working.....the upstream (before the cats) are used by the EEC to fine-tune the air/fuel ratio when in closed-loop operation, so these are the only important ones, since they directly affect your fuel economy

call up jason from the ford parts forum and he'll hook you up with the right stuff at a much lower price than your ford dealer

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that but the guy at the dealer said he had two different part numbers for the upstream O2 sensors.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
guitar maestro said:
call up jason from the ford parts forum and he'll hook you up with the right stuff at a much lower price than your ford dealer

He can get me part's cheaper than employee discount? I get 15% off my parts from my ford dealer but I will give him a try. He was not there this morning when I tried to call him.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
95tbirdguy said:
He can get me part's cheaper than employee discount? I get 15% off my parts from my ford dealer but I will give him a try. He was not there this morning when I tried to call him.
I suppose that depends on the markup of the dealer you work for. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts