TCCoA Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
Can鈥檛 say that鈥檚 a bad option, 4.2 splitport can be built to handle a lot of boost for less than a windsor based build and there鈥檚 way more engine compartment real estate for turbo(s) + plumbing than a 5.0 or 4.6. It鈥檒l just sound lame 馃槤

Thats kinda why I parked the thing to begin with. Hasnt cracked in half yet. But it decided to start telling jokes. And I dont find knock-knock jokes funny
Yeah filling the crankcase with fuel will do that lol

Registered
main body harness are you talking about the part that has the plastic protector around it that goes above the column?

It will require a lot of rewiring, and that may be an understatement. You really will need a complete donor car/harness. The engine and transmission harness needs to be swapped. To make the transmission harness work, which connects through the dash harness, you will also need to rewire the dash and adapt it for the existing body harness which is substantially different as well. Pick up the EVTM for both model year cars and do some reading so you can decide what approach and level of work you're up for.
you weren't kidding about a lot of rewiring I'm just now getting done finishing taking the old wiring out I got to go to the junkyard tomorrow and pick up gages and a dash

Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
In official Ford parlance the dash harness is the "main harness", the harness that has the fuse box in engine compartment is called the "dash panel to headlamp junction harness", the harness that goes throughout the passenger compartment (to the locks, windows, speakers etc) is called the "window regulator jumper harness", the harness that is on the engine is the "fuel charge harness" and the harness that connects to the EEC is the "engine control sensor harness"

Does nobody else know the EVTMs like the bible? lol

Registered
I know I still need to get the dash but I'm replacing the whole entire wiring for the body which is turning out to be even more of a pain in the ass than it was to put the motor in but I'm about halfway done fingers crossed it goes smoothly the rest of the way

Registered
glad to say I got everything in there it's running. the things a beast. lol dose anyone provide have a complete vacuum line diagram I'd really appreciate it

61 - 69 of 69 Posts