TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i have put some long tube headers on my car and droped the cats and running 2inch pipes back. My question is i have put 2 o2 sensers for the exhaust for my 3.8 wich NOW i read takes 1 o2 senser and 1OBDII senser, soo what would the diffrence in those be and could it be causing problems? It seems to kind of jerk going down the highway its hard to explan but could you guys fill me in on the OBDII

·
Registered
814 Posts
FLOo said:
alright i have put some long tube headers on my car and droped the cats and running 2inch pipes back. My question is i have put 2 o2 sensers for the exhaust for my 3.8 wich NOW i read takes 1 o2 senser and 1OBDII senser, soo what would the diffrence in those be and could it be causing problems? It seems to kind of jerk going down the highway its hard to explan but could you guys fill me in on the OBDII
I don't think orb 2 started till 98'. You working on a 94?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Anyway Orb2 is a diagnostic system the car uses to run itself. I remember the big three were trying to keep it inhouse but I think Sema fought it and won.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SOO would this have an effect on my car, having two o2 sensers instead of one 02 and one OBDII???? becuase at the moment i only have 2 o2's and no OBDII

·
The Parts Guy
7,273 Posts
FLOo, your car is OBD I, not OBDII. You should simply have one O2 sensor in each downtube (2 total). OBDII cars require one pre-cat and one post-cat O2 sensor per downtube (4 total). Your setup is correct for your car.

-Rod

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahhh thanks alot bro, thats what i needed :) was just worried cus it has symtoms of a bad 02 and i just replaced them both and i read on the tccoa tech imformation in exhaust area tthat i that for 3.8 i had one 02 and on obdII. Anyways thanks for the help

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
i'm sorry.. what car did you put long tubes on?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts