TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FWIW, I've designed and made replacement (improved design) stainless steel sleeves for the (obsolete from Ford) forward strut rod bushings.

Details HERE.

·
Administrator
8,247 Posts
Doug,

Let me know if you go ahead with these, I like being a repeat customer! :D

Joe

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doug,

Let me know if you go ahead with these, I like being a repeat customer! :D

Joe
Joe,

As I stated in the original thread, I didn't think that anyone would be willing to pay me what it would be worth for me to make them for sale, that's why I shared the design details.

The materials cost me about $30, and it takes quite a while to make them. I'd want $175 shipped for a set.

Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This should be reusable, no?

Mitch
Mine? Absolutely!

Unless they're damaged somehow, they should outlast the car.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Mine? Absolutely!

If that's the case, they're well worth the expense IMHO. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Mine? Absolutely!

Good to hear! Ever thought about making the ford bushings yourself, it you could make them for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Good to hear! Ever thought about making the ford bushings yourself, it you could make them for a reasonable price?
Why? They're still available, they're pretty cheap, and the materials that I use, Delrin, UHMW, etc., aren't correct for the application.

E9SZ3B271A - $8.46 ea.
F7SZ3A225AA - $4.24 ea.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Why? They're still available, they're pretty cheap, and the materials that I use, Delrin, UHMW, etc., aren't correct for the application.
Thinking for the future of course. Isn't it, whats left is whats left, they are discontinued IIRC

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unless i'm thinking of the kit, complete with the ferrules.
Correct, the complete kit is no longer available, hence my need to fabricate the replacement sleeves. ;)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Correct, the complete kit is no longer available, hence my need to fabricate the replacement sleeves. ;)
Well.. umm I just gave you a massive bump. GLWS! I plan on purchasing in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
$175 for more or less permanent sleeves is more than worth it. The last kit I bought was around $130-$140 for one side. The bushings are only $13 per side so the majority of the cost is the hardware.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Will these stand up to the 83-113 lb-ft torque on the front strut bar nut that the specs call for without deforming?

Mitch

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
$175 for more or less permanent sleeves is more than worth it. The last kit I bought was around $130-$140 for one side. The bushings are only $13 per side so the majority of the cost is the hardware.
Ive never seen a rusted one here in California. ;)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Will these stand up to the 83-113 lb-ft torque on the front strut bar nut that the specs call for without deforming?

Mitch
Much better than the stock sleeves. ;)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts