TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will probably sound odd, but will a 90 Cougar XR7 bumper fit on a 90 Thunderbird? Will it line up under the headlights?

Thanks!
Bill

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
It will physically bolt on, but the gaps to the headlights and hood will be off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will physically bolt on, but the gaps to the headlights and hood will be off.
Looking at them, it looks like the headlights on both cars sit at the same level, so the gap under the headlights should be OK (I think).

A the center, where the grill cut out for the Cougar is, how wide is that?

Anyone have one they can measure?

·
Super Moderator
7,668 Posts
I have one at the shop I can measure tomorrow. I also have a 90 SC I can measure for comparison.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is how the gaps would look.

Ignore the rest, that's the hideous widebody kit made for these cars at a time. The bumper on that one was for the 89-90 cougar and mismatched for whatever reason
So it does work well under the headlights, but doesn't quite go to the edge of gap between them. Looks like it's about 3/4" to 1" shy on each side. Exactly the info I needed.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Ignore the rest, that's the hideous widebody kit made for these cars at a time...
I Knew I had seen one of those somewhere. :)

Didn't there used to be pix of it on someones page here?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I Knew I had seen one of those somewhere. :)

Didn't there used to be pix of it on someones page here?

Harriman, eh? I'm in "Lenoir City," out off 321 near Kingston Highway. We go to church in Harriman.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts