1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
844 Posts
Looks like it does have the defrost, 5th picture down shows it. I don't think I've ever seen one with anything but a leather wrapped steering wheel or shift knob

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
That's the bluest looking gray interior I've ever seen. :confused:

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
My first V6 97 T-bird was equipped just like that. Auto headlamps, auto climate control, No leather anywhere.

Based on the pics I think that its somewhat appropriate that it is parked IN a dealers auction. (Multiple doors, VERY clean floor, etc.)

I'm curious to know how it got bid to 3,000. Its not THAT nice. (good color though)

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
My guess is that ford was just getting rid of the unpopular options as they knew production was ending.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Could be. Or they were purchased to be used as fleet cars. (rentals)

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Traveler said:
Could be. Or they were purchased to be used as fleet cars. (rentals)
My former rental has leather wrapped steering, leather wrapped shifter, auto lights, satc, and an underhood light. ;)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
maybe someone ordered it like that...

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen that "beauty cover" over the IAC valve either.

·
5,650 Posts
ShadowDragon said:
I don't think I've ever seen that "beauty cover" over the IAC valve either.
I still have mine. I have left it off the car for the past year but it's available for me to put back on at any time. It does add a somewhat nice contrast to all the aluminum pieces.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
--I have seen some late 97's that are like that...I think basically very few where ordered without the leather wheel & shifter, so in 97 they where just getting rid of parts...one thing to consider:

Look at your window sticker for your 94+ bird...it should have package 155A which includes:

Power Locks
Rear Defrost
Wheels of some sort (as opposed to "styled wheel covers" a.k.a hubcaps) which where STANDARD until 97--even the crappiest of the t-bird wheels where optional...
IIRC there are a couple other things that most people would consider "standard" on MN12's...when they are in fact NOT standard even after 94--they're just so rarely not included

I have seen ONE car lacking this package, it was a 97, a true base model, with absolutely nothing...no leather wheel/shifter, had hubcaps, no defrost, oh and I think cruise control was in that option package too becuase this car was lacking cruise control....they're out there, it's just that there are probably less than 50 that where ever produced after 94

·
midnight toker
1,497 Posts
wow you'd almost have to special order bare bones....

·
Super Moderator
11,903 Posts
Kelsey Smith said:
Looks like it does have the defrost, 5th picture down shows it. I don't think I've ever seen one with anything but a leather wrapped steering wheel or shift knob
I don't think that's the defroster (5th picture down). I think it's the top of the back seat. My guess is the rear window was broken and replaced at some point in time and the new glass didn't have the defroster on it.

The floorboard in photo #12 (Drivers foot well) looks like it still has carpet fresh sprinkled on it.

You would think that a dealership could take some better pictures than that. Most of those are quite blurry.

Reminds me of a rental that Hertz tried to give me in Detroit. The car smelled like somebody spilled a bottle of Febreeze in it.

Edit: Spelling Typo

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Trunk Monkey said:
Remindes me of a rental that Hertz tried to give me in Detroit. The car smelled like somebody spilled a bottle of Febreeze in it.
You don't even want to know what it smelled like before that...

·
Super Moderator
11,903 Posts
Southpaw said:
You don't even want to know what it smelled like before that...

I didn't want to know. I made them give me another car. I got a Mazda6 instead, now that's a nice car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts