TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, when accelerating, if i suddenly let off (around 4000rpm and up) i get this squeel.... 1st gear doing a burnout, but not standing still, rolling forwards
it has also done this on the 2-3 shift (3000-4000rpm range)
and just now on the way home it did a much longer version of the same squeel, but i was just idling (well just a tiny bit of throttle) away from a stop sign
it sounds like the belt, but it only does it when there is a load on the engine...which leads me to believe it may be the tranny
:confused:
anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Yup,
I had the same thing happen to me...It will also do it when the AC is on in park If I would rev the engine...Like The great obucina said, replace that thang!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the belt is failry new, only a couple months old.....is it just slipping....maybe i should go with a slightly smaller one? what is the length of the stock one

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
SR-71Blackbird said:
well the belt is failry new, only a couple months old.....is it just slipping....maybe i should go with a slightly smaller one? what is the length of the stock one

what brand? i had a gates that constantly slipped after just 3 months. Get an OE sized Goodyear.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will do, thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,576 Posts
Mine made a noise like that when the idler was going out.

It was slipping across the stuck idler.

It was smoking when I finally saw it while it was making noise. That'll get your attention!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ahh, good tip i'll try that first....it's cheaper, lol

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wasn't the idler....i'm getting that belt tonite

·
Registered