TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, hope everyone had a good 4th.

I am considering buying a '97 Mark VIII with only 42k mi on the odometer. The exterior of the car was good - fair and it seemed to run smoothly.

However the front interior seemed to be in unusually poor condition. The inside door handle cups have had most of their paint scraped off, as well as the weirdly shaped piece that surrounds the ignition. There were lots of hard scuff on the center console and some tears on the leather dash area under the info center. There was also strange damage on the inside of the right a-piller, like deep gouges in the plastic next to the windshield. The driver's side floor mat looked like someone had delivered a baby on it.

The guy says that is was a Florida car that belonged to an older man, and there were a few pieces of legit-seeming documents to confirm it came from Florida. He is the third owner, and didn't mention anything about the second. He had a carfax report in his hand that seemed to support what he said.

So I guess my question is, do you guys think the interior of that car wears that fast with reasonable treatment and so few miles and no accidents?

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
It's always possible, but to be on the safe side I'd run a Carfax of my own. Personally I'd feel better about believing a report that I get fresh off the web than I would about one that the seller printed up who knows how long ago and had the ability to do who knows what to. The content of a web page you wish to print is not hard to change. Not trying to tell you the seller is dishonest, just saying I'd feel better about getting the report myself for that reason. How much is he asking? Make sure you also look up the car in the Kelley Blue Book to make sure he's not asking for more than what it's worth.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Try to get him down to $3500. I wouldn't even pay that much for one, only reason to consider it is because of the low mileage.

Base or LSC?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts