TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my dang odometer stopped on the way to work this morning! :(

Does anyone have a solution (fix) for this, other than buying a new cluster?

Thank you!

-Kornhaus

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
There's been mention of a small blue gear on the side of the gauge head the wears out. Try a search on odometer AND gear, and you'll find the posts about it.

Also, if there's a U-Pull-It yard nearby, you may be able to locate a replacement for very little $$$ - I found one to use as a spare, and paid $5.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found one on eBay, and the guy said he can roll the mileage to whatever I want. Since my motor only had 4-5 grand on it, I told him to roll the mileage to 4500. He is asking $10... so I guess I can't beat that!

-Kornhaus

·
Registered
798 Posts
you need to have the mileage correct, not 4500 because thats what you have on the motor. It needs to be the correct legal mileage. besides, don't even bother installing the new odometer. just take the motor off and install the gears into your original odometer head.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Not to start a war or anything.. but the mileage DOES NOT have to be correct.. however.. when you sell the car.. you MUST fill out a Mileage disclosure and state that the mileages is not actual.. If you buy a new odometer form the dealer.. they give you one of these forms.. by the way.. if you look at your title.. there may be a box on there somewhere that you can check (or don't check)..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts