TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my odometer quit working and i dont know what happened does anyone have any clues or ideas on what the problem could be i would glady thank you all if you could help me out.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just did this about 2 weeks ago. I got my gears from: http://www.odometergears.com/subpages/ford.html The guy is excellent to deal with. You have to remove the bezel (sp?) surrounding the cluster. Then remove the torx bolts that hold the cover onto the cluster then just pull the speedo out. You don't need to remove the entire cluster. There are no bolts that actually hold the gauges in place. The pins for the electrical connections actually hold it in place. So just pull straight out on it firmly and it will come out. Remove the needle carefully then you will flip it over and remove the 6 screws that hold the whole thing together. I just needed the small gear and not the bigger gear. I would have posted some pictures on how it's done but I don't own a dig. camera. Just send me a message and I'll help you if I can.

Marl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts