TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it turns out i wasn't paying attention when i ordered my new mount for the car and ended up with wrong one. Brand new, never been used, includes the mounting brackets. I'm sure this fits other years (possibly '89-'93?), but don't know for sure so please make sure it'll work on your car if you're interested and looking to put it on something other than a '93. Asking $75; includes shipping.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys. Understand the $75 may be scaring some people off, and i really have no use for it, so let me know what you think is a fair price if you want it. I paid $136 for it from Ford.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Hey guys. Understand the $75 may be scaring some people off, and i really have no use for it, so let me know what you think is a fair price if you want it. I paid $136 for it from Ford.
Well, a new OE hydraulic one is $38 from NAPA auto parts, and $15 from RockAuto so its kind of a hard sell you've got there...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Well, a new OE hydraulic one is $38 from NAPA auto parts, and $15 from RockAuto so its kind of a hard sell you've got there...
hmm..I hope they are not the China special. This isn't something you want to replace again. An experienced mechanic told me never cheap out on motormounts, always use the factory ones. Lately the parts I've been getting from NAPA are not the greatest.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
hmm..I hope they are not the China special. This isn't something you want to replace again. An experienced mechanic told me never cheap out on motormounts, always use the factory ones. Lately the parts I've been getting from NAPA are not the greatest.
The ones I got were decent and looked much beefier than the factory ones. I didnt cheap out on the solids either, I got the gold hydraulics...

But you are right, I really dont want to drop my subframe again...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess it all depends on what you're looking for. Personally, i always hang OEM Ford parts on my car. Just what i prefer.

So you're right, if you don't really have a preference on where its from and who made it, then it won't be cheap, or the best option. But if you're looking to buy genuine Ford parts, than this is a bargain compared to the $125-$135 you'll spend (depending on the side). And that's even if you can find them anymore. When i bought this one a couple months back my guy in Texas found it at a dealer in Alaska...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I guess it all depends on what you're looking for. Personally, i always hang OEM Ford parts on my car. Just what i prefer.

So you're right, if you don't really have a preference on where its from and who made it, then it won't be cheap, or the best option. But if you're looking to buy genuine Ford parts, than this is a bargain compared to the $125-$135 you'll spend (depending on the side). And that's even if you can find them anymore. When i bought this one a couple months back my guy in Texas found it at a dealer in Alaska...
I was quoted $270 for mine from Ford. That was enough to make me shy away from the motorcraft one and go to NAPA. But yeah, I put a motorcraft power window motor in my car for $75 when I could have got one of the $15 RockAuto ones...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts