TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was backing up in a rural area and my car slipped back into a ditch and a mailbox was in the way.. the only damage was to the rear spoiler (oem with the 3rd brake light built in) and it was basically ripped from the bolts and has a chunk missing out of it.. my car is pearl white, which is a hard color to find as far as our cars go..

Would it be cheaper to get a new spoiler and have it painted to match the car, or would it be more cost effective to fill the holes, touch up the paint and buy a 3rd brake light for the rear window.. i dont have much in the way of cash right now so the cheap way is the best way.

PS
I need to stop hurting my car :(

·
Super Moderator
7,686 Posts
You forgot option C...

Go to a junkyard, find a spoiler that you think will look good on it that has a brake light in it, then spray it with some black spray paint and put that on for now. That would be the cheapest way that would still look decent in my opinion. If you try to fill the holes and touch it up, it will look like crap. The only way to fill the holes would be to completely repaint the trunklid. Good luck.

Mike

·
Registered
493 Posts
If you can locate a spoiler I would get it CA and MA have simular laws and if our cars have a third brake light (Fed Law) it must be there and it must work. I don't know if you have a two support or a three support but it's easier to replace the wing than filling the hole and repainting the deck lid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts