TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading some threads in here about this and i found that you have to change the shock cartridge for the front shocks if you go the koni route and i dont want to bother doing all that...all i want is a semi-cushy ride, i dont really push my car at all, i'm going to buy the eibach pro kit, i'm tired of my chopped springs..are the OEM shocks durable enough to last a while or should i pony up for the koni's?

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
The difference between OEM shocks and Konis is night and day. Yes, the Konis are pricey, but I love mine, I wouldnt switch for anything. Do a search for my write up and modifying the OE shock body for the Koni cartridges.

joseph

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but what is the difference? do they ride better than stock? i dont really care about handling, i just want a smooth ride.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Air Force said:
but what is the difference? do they ride better than stock? i dont really care about handling, i just want a smooth ride.
honestly, if you want a smooth ride, then dont get Eibachs. Getting eibachs and konis will result in a car with a helluva lot better handling. If you want smooth, then go back OE springs and a set of Monroe Relfex shocks.

IMO, OE shocks and Eibachs caused a bit of bounce and easily bottoming out. Konis completely eliminated this, but also resulted in a car with alot more precise handling and a slightly stiffer ride.

joseph

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay, im riding on cut springs right now and shes sitting about 2 inches lower than stock, i bottom on out pretty much evrything and i need new springs, and im doing shocks will im in there. i want the car lowered still, therefore the eibach springs. so youre saying i should get the konis? i dont know wtf to do with the shock cartridge or whatever, any help?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
StupidFly said:

No, hes saying that if you want a smooth ride (like you stated), you should go with OEM shocks.

The Great Obucina said:

IMO, OE shocks and Eibachs caused a bit of bounce and easily bottoming out. Konis completely eliminated this, but also resulted in a car with alot more precise handling and a slightly stiffer ride.

joseph
:confused:

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Air Force said:
What I'm trying to say is, that I didnt spend almost 800$ on shocks and springs to have a car that rides like a 'Lac. I wanted corner carver performance and didnt care that ride quality would suffer with shorter, stiffer springs. Its the nature of the beast. If you want a smooth ride, then see the comments above. If you want someone to tell you that Eibachs will give you a smooth, plush ride, then dont listen to anything I have to say. Find someone who will tell you what you want to hear.

joseph

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay, like i said before. i'm riding on cut springs so im used to a rough ride. i want my car lowered, like it is now, but with better shocks so i dont bottom out as much as i do now. i know that with the eibach and koni's are going to give me a rough ride, but im willing to put up with it. the question i have now is: how do i make the cartridge fit on the front shocks? i did a search and didnt find much. has anyone written a tutorial or something to help? thanks in advance..

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Air Force said:
okay, like i said before. i'm riding on cut springs so im used to a rough ride. i want my car lowered, like it is now, but with better shocks so i dont bottom out as much as i do now. i know that with the eibach and koni's are going to give me a rough ride, but im willing to put up with it. the question i have now is: how do i make the cartridge fit on the front shocks? i did a search and didnt find much. has anyone written a tutorial or something to help? thanks in advance..
search for posts started by me on the topic. I have discussed it and what to do.

joseph

1 - 14 of 14 Posts