TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well more bad news, i had the IAC off today and i was like well i'll carefully clean it with a flathead screwdriver with a rag wraped around it to get the black crap out. ya well i wasn't careful enough and chipped a small peice of one of the rings off from the inside. but after i thought of it i figured i don;t think it made that HUGE of a deal since it still moved in and out fine cuz of the spring and when closed it was sealed fine. i put it back on and thought everythin was going to be peachy and figured nothing was going to be different like i did nothing to help the problem. instead things got worse. i put it back on and now my car seems to be having cruse control on between 30 and 40 mph. it won;t slow down on it;s on cuz the idle is too high. and even when i start the car my car used to idle below 1000 rpm now it idles at 1000 rpm. i'd get it to b/w 30 and 40 and it would coast at that same speed and not slow down. when i was under the hood i would TAP not pull the throttle switch to rev the engin and it would go too high and take a little bit to come back down to idle. i mean if it were normal it would take a Pull to make it rev that high then come down. but i slightly tapped it and it would rev maybe to 2000rpm then slowly come back down. seemed too slow to be normal. and i put the IAC back on i used some silicone between the throttle body and the gasket and then put the IAC back on. and then sprayed some carb cleaner around but no luck. can anyone tell me where the vaccuum lines are? and where i should spray?
PICS WOULD BE SO GREAT!!!!

ANYONE have ANY idea what's goin on? the only thing i can think of is maybe because of the chip inside the IAC that maybe that is my leak making it rev too high? otherwise i have no idea.

help ASAP i will lose sleap over this knowing i tried to do good and only did worse to my loved bird :(

·
The Parts Guy
7,425 Posts
It sounds like you messed up your IAC. If you want a good used one, let me know, I should have a couple in stock.

-Rod

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
How much for one Rod? (for a 97 4.6) I may be needing one myself.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
racecougar said:
It sounds like you messed up your IAC. If you want a good used one, let me know, I should have a couple in stock.

-Rod

how much you charging for a good used one? so you think that is my problem? right now i don;t care if i have a rough idle i just want this auto high rev to go away

thanks Dean

·
The Parts Guy
7,425 Posts
Dean, it definitely sounds like the problem. That's why you should never use a screwdriver or any hard object to clean the inside of an IAC. I always just use a Q-tip. If the diaphragm inside the IAC is allowing more air past it than it should, it will cause the symptoms you described.

If you'll email me at [email protected] with your zip code, I'll give you a shipped price on a good used one.

-Rod

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i finally have some good news. i went to the junkyard and picked up a IAC off a tbird with 93k mi on it and cleaned it a lil and now my baby runs just fine. may still have a little bit of a vibration from the ide but i got rid of my auto cruise control that was driving me crazy. thanks all you guys that helped me out. we're back to normal now :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts