TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in my 97 Tbird and felt like i have a flat but no, faster i go the whole rear end seams to bounce. Also a note i did hit a rock last week in the front but this right sided rear thingy started tonight and i'm sick silly. Any clues????

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,517 Posts
I'd remove and inspect the tires/rims make sure you didn't throw a weight or bend anything. Ensure the tire is okay (no gouges, separating tread etc. and check just about anything else suspension-wise back there to make sure there's no obvious issues. Make sure all the bolts are tight and so forth.

Reactions: unciet

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Check your rear wheel bearings..

This video shows you how to check your rear wheel bearings, to see if they are bad or not..Skip to 1:30 of the video
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DuyJ_JvDaks?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rayo..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems the whole cars vibrates badly, kind of leaning towards an unbalanced drive shaft, could this be possible from hitting a rock plus I noticed the front sway bar is bent???

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just took the car for a ride and I swear it feels like the wheels are jumping up and down, now I'm totally lost??/

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,517 Posts
Driveshaft will cause a vibration but it's a higher frequency than a tire vibration - and is also a much lower amplitude.

Swap each tire out for the temporary spare (one at a time, of course lol) and take the car out for a quick spin at <50 MPH to see if any single tire is causing the issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shoot, I'm to chicken to go past 10mph. Put the car on blocks and put it in drive and that old drive shaft shook away and the right rear wheel has a small clicking.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wanted to add with rear wheels off the ground, they are extremely hard to turn by hand

1 - 9 of 9 Posts