TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a video of my final autocross run of the day at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The Little Car is a 96 Mercedes SL320. I suggest you play it in 1080P full screen and hang on!

http://youtu.be/WGYT5jWiN-0

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some photos taken by Perry Bennett :)

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Looks like if you had just held off on that last upshift and let off the throttle a bit, you would have kept it on course. Impressive nonetheless.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
All we know is...

He's called the stig.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
What kind of modifications have you done to the car ???

We have a 1992 500SL here .. same R129 body except with a hard top and the 5.0 32 Valve DOHC V8 .. ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like if you had just held off on that last upshift and let off the throttle a bit, you would have kept it on course. Impressive nonetheless.
I leave the car in second gear for the entire autocross course. The car has traction control on all the time, with no way to turn it off. So any time the tires break loose, the car goes to war with me telling me to knock it off :)

All we know is...

He's called the stig.
lol I wish... love that show :)

What kind of modifications have you done to the car ???

We have a 1992 500SL here .. same R129 body except with a hard top and the 5.0 32 Valve DOHC V8 .. ;)
The car is completely stock except for the R230 wheels. I have the hard top for the car in stored in the garage.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
The car is completely stock except for the R230 wheels. I have the hard top for the car in stored in the garage.
I was wondering about the wheels, they look pretty good on this body also. The previous owner of our 500 took the hard top off occasionally, but the soft top has barely been used. I need to remove the top to get a replacement seal - it has been leaking on both seats when it rains and the dealership says there are 3 different seals for this car .. not cheap either :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I was wondering about the wheels, they look pretty good on this body also. The previous owner of our 500 took the hard top off occasionally, but the soft top has barely been used. I need to remove the top to get a replacement seal - it has been leaking on both seats when it rains and the dealership says there are 3 different seals for this car .. not cheap either :rolleyes:
When did you get this thing? Or is it a customer car? How do you like it?

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
When did you get this thing? Or is it a customer car? How do you like it?
Its my neighbors car, but I have my own set of keys.

I can drive it anytime I want .. and the best part is the Handicap lisence plates .. I take it to school when its crowded so I dont have to look for parking. :D

I like the car, its comfortable. Not a big fan of the stereo - this guy has 2000 watts in his trunk and I dont care to listen to the Jackson 5 that loud LOL

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Its my neighbors car, but I have my own set of keys.

I can drive it anytime I want .. and the best part is the Handicap lisence plates .. I take it to school when its crowded so I dont have to look for parking. :D

I like the car, its comfortable. Not a big fan of the stereo - this guy has 2000 watts in his trunk and I dont care to listen to the Jackson 5 that loud LOL
That's a nice setup....handicap plates and all...and Jackson 5? All I ever heard you listen to was 2pac :D picture me rolling in my 500 benz hahahahaha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts