TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions. Still contemplating what to do with my T-bird...

1. Will the 3.8 accessories such as the AC compressor and power streering pump bolt up on a 5.0 block without having to modify the length or location of AC and power steering lines?

2. Supposing emissions testing was not a problem, and I didn't care about service engine soon lights, could an older carbuerated engine be used in a 95 Tbird with the 4R70W transmission? Would the EEC still function and control the trans without the engine connected to it?

PS --> I know the "right" answer is to just buy a V8 car. But there's no fun in that :)

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Well, I'm not sure, but I think the answer to both of those is no.

The second one I'm a little more sure about because I think the EEC requires at least a TPS input to send the correct signals to the transmission. In the case of a 4R70W, it might be easier to get a late-model Mustang 5.0 MPFI setup and piggy-back your ECM on the Mustang inputs to control the trans.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suspect the answer to both is no also, but I'm not sure either. I figured someone has probably tried it somewhere.

With respect to the 4R70W trans, I suspect the EEC would need a tach signal from the engine too to control torque converter lockup? I have no clue, though honestly....

Thanks for your input Josh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts