TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autoloc/product.lasso?prodinc=ultratouch

Seriously check this out, I have been disapointed with my lambo doors, so I have been dooing research on where my next kit will come from. I have used autolocs product before, i.e. flame thrower kits, shaved door handles, and flip flop trunks, for customers not myself, any way I saw this while I was on their site I can tell you I am going to do these for the trunk pop and the doors, of course it will be completely shut off when the alarm is armed but, I am going to use these with the bearclaw hinges and the 120 degree lambo doors, but of course if the 130 goes down between now and summer I will get those, but I am going to go fully automated on the doors with one cable for backup incase the battery dies. I love this stuff, and I am going to so pimp the car out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You need to put up or point me to a pic of the Lambo's you already have?

The auto-latches would be sweet on my SC but I would have to keep they keypad entry.

I think that would look cool.

·
Registered
182 Posts
what lambo kit did you go with? Cause I was so dissapointed with mine I removed it altogether...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to put up or point me to a pic of the Lambo's you already have?

The auto-latches would be sweet on my SC but I would have to keep they keypad entry.

I think that would look cool.
It is on my avata look at it, and the main pic, and if you look at the door speakers they are all at an angle, I am in middle of doing some work but more pics are coming.

·
Registered
182 Posts
also the 120 degree kit will not work on our cars because of the shape of our fenders.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
also the 120 degree kit will not work on our cars because of the shape of our fenders.
http://www.andysautosport.com/ford/1994_1997_thunderbird/exterior/vertical_doors/jt_autostyle/

Thats the vertical door kit, the 120 and 130 degree should work, if you go weld on which is what I am doing my buddy put them on his mustang, they are different then our fender, but it works exactly like my door hinges except it has the wave, and not set screws to loosen up. I am pretty sure that it will go on without a problem, but I will never do another bolt on kit again also my fenders are cut for the hinge any way. When he got the mustang ones in we just looked at it and eyed it they look like they will have full range of motion, I was having to readjust them when his came in, and the big deal is he has had his for 6 months now and no adjustments, I have readjusted mine like 5 times, I am a pro at taking my front end apart.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i agree weld on would be the way to go, but with the shape of our doors and fenders i dont think it will work. mustang fenders flare out far more than our bird fenders..

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i agree weld on would be the way to go, but with the shape of our doors and fenders i dont think it will work. mustang fenders flare out far more than our bird fenders..

True you are right there, I hope you are wrong, but I will see this summer, the lambo doors I got still need work, but the fenders had to be cut and they have hit the fender before, but that will all be fixed this summer. I alreday told you I am working on it right now, I cant get motivated to finish my stereo, I hate doing car audio work now. Once I finish it I will be posting pics this week of it, if you look on my my space there is one too.
http://www.myspace.com/mn12sc92

any way I think I will go work on it now, I am about to leave for work on monday or tuesday so I hope to have it finished by then.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
True you are right there, I hope you are wrong, but I will see this summer, the lambo doors I got still need work, but the fenders had to be cut and they have hit the fender before, but that will all be fixed this summer. I alreday told you I am working on it right now, I cant get motivated to finish my stereo, I hate doing car audio work now. Once I finish it I will be posting pics this week of it, if you look on my my space there is one too.
http://www.myspace.com/mn12sc92

any way I think I will go work on it now, I am about to leave for work on monday or tuesday so I hope to have it finished by then.

see I bought the car from Paintme it already had all the stuff on it, but I had to reinstall the lambo doors twice and readjust them 3-4 maybe even 5 times after getting, this is not due to install error but you just cant keep a bolt in the car at its right place, with the way I drive and the vibration the motor causes, lol my exhaust fell off once already beacause the bolts came undone at the flanges under the transmission, any way thats why I have in my sig thanks Luke, because without him selling me this car I wouldnt have such a cool car. mine and Lukes car sales transaction was the best I ever had, he had a super fair price, there was no lies or haggling involved, and it is a great car. Well any way dont worry I am not lieing and I will post pics soon, if I took some right now the car would have alot of wire hanging out of it.

I really want to go automatetd with the lambo doors, but I fear that is going to be my biggest problem with all the cool stuff on it, I think the automated lambo doors will be a problems for sure.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i still want to do suicide doors on the back doors of the 64 galaxie

·
Registered
182 Posts
with my lambo kit, once i had everything working right, i used loctite on the bolts and they never loosened themselves off...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts