TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the oil change on my 4.6. THAT WAS FUN! Could ford make it anymore a pain to get a simple oil filter out????? JEESH.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
At least the k member has that drip opening in the middle. My 89 doesn't and a pint of oil stays on it until you let it back on the ground level then it spills.

Yeah, you would think they could have come up with a filter adapter that works well with our cars, I did my 97 Cougar and my 00 Grand Marquis, and the GM is cake, the Cougar is, well, a puzzle every time :)

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Did the oil change on my 4.6. THAT WAS FUN! Could ford make it anymore a pain to get a simple oil filter out????? JEESH.

I feel your pain and I hear ya . Still have cuts on my hands :mad: LOL wife came outside and said what in the @ell are you cussing about

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I haven't done an oil change on my '97 I got a month ago as it was just changed before I bought it. I can tell you it doesn't look any harder to do than my '97 Mountaineeer. The lower radiator hose is right in front of the filter along with the sway bar. It is at an odd angle on top of that.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Taking off the plastic guard on the bottom of the rad. did make it bearable but still. JEESH! I like this car but I miss my 94 Caprice (old cop car) more every day, ha ha ha

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Heh Still trying to see how to make changing the oil filter hard on one of these cars?? :)

First oil change on my '96 (4.6L) and i'm like `why are people complaining?' The only reason i want too i like to go with a Remote setup is since for some reason, the FL1A's are like a 1/3 of the price :) and as of now, all i need is the adapter for the engine:)

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Just did the one on the 91 F350. What a joy.
460. It sticks out the front of the engine.

You would think they could have made it easier but the car was never supposed to have a V8 in it to begin with.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I've got a relocation kit just waiting to go in, but I need a few more parts to modify it so the lines stay close to the wheel well (away from the oversize tire). I had one once before, made it soooo much easier to install...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I make bets with my friends that they can't get it out :D

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I've got a relocater kit, just not sure where to put it yet.... I think I may relocate my battery to the truck and put it there.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I haven't done an oil change on my '97 I got a month ago as it was just changed before I bought it. I can tell you it doesn't look any harder to do than my '97 Mountaineeer. The lower radiator hose is right in front of the filter along with the sway bar. It is at an odd angle on top of that.
I stand corrected form my post above.

I had a hell of a time. Of coarse it didn't help that dumass me got dis ordinated at the odd angle I was trying to remove the filter and tightened the damn thing instead. :rolleyes:

You should have seen the mangled mess of a filter after I was done:D I'll be installing a filter relocation kit the next time I change the oil

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I stand corrected form my post above.

I had a hell of a time. Of coarse it didn't help that dumass me got dis ordinated at the odd angle I was trying to remove the filter and tightened the damn thing instead. :rolleyes:

You should have seen the mangled mess of a filter after I was done:D I'll be installing a filter relocation kit the next time I change the oil
Amen. Besides the usual difficult time changing the filter, I have an 89 SC sway bar installed. It takes a slightyly different "route" from one side to the other and blocks the filter even more than the stock bar does! I was reminded of this when I had to re-install the relocation kit yesterday after the first one got cracks in it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts