TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much oil do you out in when you change it? I got a fram oil filter nad Mobil 1 Synthetic 10w-30 oil. I don'y have an owners manual, I put in 5 quarts but it still says to add.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just keep putting it in until the oil spills out the dipstick spout. Just kidding. 5 quarts like the book says. The dipstick in my Bird is a pain to read.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
5 quarts will put it to half-way up the dipstick. On my car at least. 5 1/3 is full i guess :)

You should use the motorcraft filters instead of the Fram, much better. Search around the forum, alot of people have discussed this.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
The manual says "5.3 Qts". I put in 5qts, start up, rev abit, shut down, check and add if nessessary.

Get a remote filter kit. It'll make it real easy. Still, I'd still rather do it on my SHO (don't even need to lift the car :znanner: )

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Yeah i keep thinking about doing the remoted filter kit. I can't even get a jack under my car it's too low. I have to drive it up onto 2x4s or something and then jack it up. :) But i love my eibach's! :)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll just put in 1/3 more. Oh that oil filter change SUCKS!:mad:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Yeah, i'll get one someday, i still haven't put my tranny cooler in since i did the j-mod... just haven't had time... need to redo all my brakes... and change my oil soon as well.... need to work less or something :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
GreenBird said:
The manual says "5.3 Qts". I put in 5qts, start up, rev abit, shut down, check and add if nessessary.

Get a remote filter kit. It'll make it real easy. Still, I'd still rather do it on my SHO (don't even need to lift the car :znanner: )
What is a remote filter kit, exactly? Where can I get one? What's it cost? Any trouble installing? Why am I so new?:beek:

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts

This is a remote oil filter kit from hell. I added the SS lines and Earls fittings. The normal kits are around $40 and It can be a little tight in that area.

Nothing wrong with being new, you have to start somewhere.

-Scott

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
Dr. FrankenCougie said:
This is a remote oil filter kit from hell. I added the SS lines and Earls fittings. The normal kits are around $40 and It can be a little tight in that area.

-Scott
AN fittin's are the best!
How's this Doc? Transcooler getup from hell.

(by the way, got a list o parts for that engine oil cooler?)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dr. FrankenCougie said:

-Scott [/B]
Dr.,
So is it used as a method to install your filter in a more accessible location?

·
Registered
24 Posts
chadg said:
Yes. FrankenCoogies was under his battery tray last time I checked. Mine is right behind the front bumper.
Sweet! Can I pick one up from any parts store or is it a ford thing? Also is that an eggcrate grille I see on your bird? was that standard on 96's?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yup, thats standard. You can pick the relocation kit up from Summit, Jegs, and probabaly PepBoys. I got my SS Hose/Fittings through Summit too, it wasn't cheap. I think I spent about $150 total on that setup.

·
Registered
529 Posts
FYI I think I made it three months until the rubber hoses started leaking. I think with a system like this is just makes sense to drop the $$$ on SS hose/fittings to stop the leaks and hold up much better through time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts