TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has never consumed very much oil, but in 3 thousand miles i almost completly ran out and i added a quart and about 1000 miles later i got it changed and they reported no oil on the dipstick. what could cause a sudden jump in oil consumtion? (i dont think there is a leak)

·
5,650 Posts
Have you noticed any smoke coming from the exhaust, particular at start-up or during idling? If so you are one of many to experience leaking valve stem seals, which is particularly common on the 94/95 motors. The fact that you say it is sudden is rather interesting though.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Have you noticed any smoke coming from the exhaust, particular at start-up or during idling? If so you are one of many to experience leaking valve stem seals, which is particularly common on the 94/95 motors. The fact that you say it is sudden is rather interesting though.
:zwthstpd:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i havent noticed any smoke. i just got my oil changed today so i am going to keep a realy close watch on my oil level and see how its acting, i guess i will just post back if i still find it odd.

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
Any noticable leaks? Mine started leaking between the block and the oil filter adapter. That was a pretty large leak. Very noticable and lost alot of oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts