TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a head swap on my 97 GT. The PI heads were ported and polished, valve job including new valve seats and oil seals. I filled the cam holes with oil and was really liberal with lucas heavy oil on the rest of the cams. There is oil dripping down some of the valve which surprises me because I thought the oil seals would stop that. I am assuming everything is okay but guess I am looking for an explanation of where the oil is coming from and assurances before I bolt them on.

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at my old NPI heads and my PI heads and they had the same plugs already. The plugs go in the little slots for the chain tensioners?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
So these are assembled heads, and the valve seals are in place? I really don't think any oil should be able to get past the seal, the guide, and into the intake or exhaust port, or to the valve head in the combustion chamber?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So these are assembled heads, and the valve seals are in place? I really don't think any oil should be able to get past the seal, the guide, and into the intake or exhaust port, or to the valve head in the combustion chamber?
I agree and that is why I am baffled.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maybe when i tilted the heads some oil just ran into the ports. I had a lot of oil in the top where the springs are. Now that sounds plausible doesn't it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts