TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats the story with that wire harness blocking the 2 bolts. Do you guys remove it or leave it in? Seems it would impede putting back the bolts. Is it just in with a Christmas tree clip and some tape?

Thanks

·
Registered
518 Posts
Mine was already out of the way as I had to put in an aoutometer oil gauge but one tip I can give you is when you put the adapter back in, is removing the front driver side wheel and fender liner. It allows you to get a socket in there with an extension. Can't remember but I assume I used a swivel on the socket as well.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Mine was already out of the way as I had to put in an aoutometer oil gauge but one tip I can give you is when you put the adapter back in, is removing the front driver side wheel and fender liner. It allows you to get a socket in there with an extension. Can't remember but I assume I used a swivel on the socket as well.
Looked like I could get an extension in even with the liner, but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
^^+1- I revoved the wheel too but not the inner liner. I believe I unhooked the harness connector from the EVO actuator on the P/S pump, moved it out of the way, and then installed the adaptor, and before putting the filter back on, ran the wires back to the EVO actuator.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
^^+1- I revoved the wheel too but not the inner liner. I believe I unhooked the harness connector from the EVO actuator on the P/S pump, moved it out of the way, and then installed the adaptor, and before putting the filter back on, ran the wires back to the EVO actuator.
The wheel liner is gonna stay, there is not much it exposes anyway. The wire harness can be moved aside. I'm thinking a dab of rtv away from the seals to hold the gasket in place during install may be a good idea. I already sprayed the bolts with freeze off lube and Kroil, so they should come off easy when I do it in the next few days.

I tried the lower bolt and it was pretty easy to get off. The trick with these (smaller diameter) bolts is to strike the ratchet end like an impact with the palm of your hand instead brute strength. A longtime tech taught me that, much lower risk of stripping or fracturing the bolt. It also helps the oil penetrate. An old 18V drill with a clutch sometimes helps too. I used that to remove thermostat bolts, let it click on low torque settings for 2 minutes.....
Of course air tools are great too..but this is a compromise.

Another thing is a decent brand of socket, that avoids stripped bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts