1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
the teksid and the 2v romeo are the same, the wap and the 2v windsor are the same.

unless you are planning to do ALL -AN lines for a remote oil filter AND your radiator has -16 fittings, why are you even looking at that moroso adapter?

and happy thanksgiving :)

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
The gasket is different for cars that have the oil cooler. At least that is my experience with crown vics. I know because I was mistakenly sent one for a car with an oil cooler and the one I was working on didnt have it. IIRC, the shape of the rubber part of the gasket doesnt meet the edge of the oil filter adapter properly so coolant just runs out when you add it. It seems like that thing in the link above would only be good if you needed to do an oil filter relocation.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the teksid and the 2v romeo are the same, the wap and the 2v windsor are the same.

unless you are planning to do ALL -AN lines for a remote oil filter AND your radiator has -16 fittings, why are you even looking at that moroso adapter?

and happy thanksgiving :)

Happy Thanksgiving also, and thank you...not considering the Moroso -- just came across it in the Google searches, and got curious.

Rob & SCTbird1994...thanks as well. I've not head of a 1994 4.6LTBird having an oil cooler as a stock component, so I'll take a good look this weekend. Local stores have fair prices for the gasket, based on the web sites.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
The gasket is different for cars that have the oil cooler. At least that is my experience with crown vics.
interesting...didn't know that...I'd like to see the gaskets side by side to see the differences

·
Registered
536 Posts
interesting...didn't know that...I'd like to see the gaskets side by side to see the differences
I don't think so. Its been a while since I installed a Cobra oil cooler on my 96 Tbird (both of em), but I don't recall using a special mounting gasket. But, you know how how reliable memory gets when you reach my age...

Mitch

BTW, the Crown Vics use a completely different cooler.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Advance Auto Parts' website has photos of the two different gaskets...they look almost identical, but the "with oil cooler" application has extra material on the "bottom" (as illustrated).

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Advance Auto Parts' website has photos of the two different gaskets...they look almost identical, but the "with oil cooler" application has extra material on the "bottom" (as illustrated).
is that even relevant? what I mean to say is, did any 4.6 mn12 come with a seperate oil cooler? we all now how practically every auto parts store's website list things for a vehicle that doesn't always apply

I do see the two seperate gaskets....the top one with orange seals is the standard gasket for romeo 2Vs, and the other one with blue seals is what I say belongs to the windor 2Vs/WAPs :zdunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts