TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I remember now how much I hate where the stock filter is. :mad:
I had put a relocate kit together about 4 yrs ago, and I when I did, I decided to use rubber hoses to save $$$$. Uh huh.... It was fine up until about, oh, a week ago. I noticed some oil spotting on the pavement when I pulled into my paking space. Looked under the car, and found the whole lower K-member covered with a light coating of oil.
Apparently, the hoses have stiffened up, stretched, shrunk... I don't know... But it was leaking. Decided to bite the bullet and go with braided line and AN fittings.
Got home tonight, and pulled the filter ends EZ(it's under/inside the bumper).
Then I tried to remove the engine end. :mad: yup... Wound up pulling the whole freaking spin-on adapter off just to get the hoses off. Put the AN fittings on, and put it back in. Got one hose on, an fought with the second hose for 1/2hr, until the sun went down.
It's still not on, and I'm still not double jointed.
So the car sits, sans oil, waiting for me to finish in the morning.

I swear I heard it laughing at me as I walked away from it. :D

I do have to say though, braided line and AN fittings ROCK. Stupid expensive, but still rock.

Peter M

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
so what your trying to say peter is that this re-location kit has made your life easier? lol im jus messin.

the oil filter isnt too bad to get out if you have done it more than a couple of times. seriously if im under the car and ready i can pull off that filter in under 5 seconds. well maybe 10 if its early lol

which kit and part number did you get? from summit? or somewhere else?

-Mike

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, yeah. WAY easier.:rolleyes:

I used Perma-Cool parts from Summit. Didn't buy the kit, just the parts 'cause I wanted the dual in/out filter plate, in case I ever wanted to put an oil cooler on.

Peter M

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
why not just put the hose on the adapter and then put the adapter on, exactly the reverse of how you removed it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
90 degree elbows... I thought it would be... you guessed it. Easier.:crazy:

Peter M

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the ^#%# thing is done.
FYI#1: It DOES matter which hose goes to which port on the filter plate.
FYI#2: Filter relocate plates are NOT TTY.:rolleyes:

I'm kinda covered in oil right now, so I'm gonna go shower....

Peter M

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
well, sounds like big fun! Bring the birdie by the house now.... I wanna see! LOL> Plus 4.3LCougar will be here, we are changing a window gear, wanna help?? hehe

Thanks for that update, I guess I should get the AN Lines before I try to mess with my relocate system too eh?

Well, talk to you later, always nice to hear from ya!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just installed my relocator, took the advice of this thread , scraped the rubber lines, but I used JIC ends and gates 1 wire cotton covered hose, worked great

1 - 8 of 8 Posts