TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to see if anyone except me has found it impossible to remove the oil filter after the 04' engine install. I do have the Addco 1-1/4" sway bars installed with the two shims from days past along with the solid rubber engine mounts and lowering springs but I could still just barely remove the oil filter the same as stock. Now it will not come out when I run the car up on ramps like I always do. Two answers come to mind. 1) Put 1/4" shims under the engine mounts. This will provide more clearance for the filter and also between the a/c compressor bolt v/s sway bar clearance, which has always been a problem with the big sway bar and worn out engine mounts. This will take time and money, but I think this is the difinitive answer. 2) Take one shim out of the big bar set up. This will provide 1/8" more clearance at the mounting collar and in about 1 hours time, probably the thing to do for the least amount of time and money. This is what I will do now providing the sway bar collars clear the frame. Anyone else in this situation ?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was option 3. With the big bars and lowered car clearance is needed. The big bars with both spacers create problems not yet disscussed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts