TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to put my car in the garage tnight. (I parked it outside when I got hoem from school thinking I might leave again) Well, i went to put it away and after i back in and shut off I notice a little drip by the exhaust. It appears to be really runny motor oil (looks like black watercolor paint). I checked my oil and it's the same level it was when i checked a couple days ago. So I started it back up and revved it a bit. More was around when I revved it. Any idea what could be causing this. I'd think HG's with water in the exhaust but it's like watery oil. I have no clue. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Black water just driping out of the tailpipe is nothing to worry about in colder weather....... if its running out then you have a problem.....

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it's water from the combustion, then it just picks up carbon and crap in the exhaust?
That's a relief.
Cause after school today I took the long way home so the car was at operating temp for a few minutes (in the morning it's barely to the middle of the gauge by the time i get to the lot) so when I checked it after that there was nothing.
Thanks, it felt like it was watery oil so I never thought about any other possibility of what it might be.

·
Registered
443 Posts
oil would not make it that far out without evidence of burning...like you said...its just water picking up some carbon probably

1 - 4 of 4 Posts