TCCoA Forums banner

Oil in the VAM to turbo hose

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  BogusSVO 
#1 ·
I have another question.I have oil in the "accordion" hose going from the VAM to the turbo.What exactly does that mean?IS a seal bad,or a bearing in the turbo_Or do I need to get my turbo rebuilt? Thanks again!

#2 ·
its oil vapors from the valve cover breather being sucked back into the engine, trace the hose from the breather and youll see it runs to the inlet of the turbo.

un do that hose and plug it with a 1/4 npt plug and get about 3 foot of 3/4 heater hose and a 3/4 push in breather from any part store, now pull the hose and pcv valve and hose off the oil baffffle thats under the intake throw it away, take the heater hose push one end on the baffle and rout it up behinde the intake trim to length, and push in the breather and tie it up on the houist point. now plug off the liltle hose that runs to the under side of the upper intake.

the oil vapors LOWER your octane rating of the gas you are running

#3 ·
Alright,I'll see what I can rig up!Thanks for both your answers!!

#5 ·
No,I haven't picked up the parts yet,been too busy with other stuff.I do have one other question,though.I put the K&N filter on,pulled the stock airbox off,so that did help with the surging.But it still feels like the engine is getting choked up somewhere.It feels like what my '95 T-bird felt like before I cleaned the MAF.Is there something I should do with the VAM?I'm sorry for my stupidity in this area,but my car just doesn't feel right,and it continually nags on me.It still runs up to Sixty in about 9 seconds,so all is good there.Thanks again for your help !

#6 ·
BogusSVO said:
un do that hose and plug it with a 1/4 npt plug and get about 3 foot of 3/4 heater hose and a 3/4 push in breather from any part store, now pull the hose and pcv valve and hose off the oil baffffle thats under the intake throw it away, take the heater hose push one end on the baffle and rout it up behinde the intake trim to length, and push in the breather and tie it up on the houist point. now plug off the liltle hose that runs to the under side of the upper intake.
all that confuses me but becasue of the "technical" terms. im not stupid just always had others do my work for me :tongue:

#7 · (Edited)
There,I finally went out and got the parts and put it on! ;) I guess I thought it would be more difficult than it was!Also,how much advance timing do you run on your Turbo Coupes?Do you adjust the timing little by little until the car starts to detonate under heavy driving,or do you just set it at a certain point( like 10-13 degrees advance timing).Also,what kind of gas mileage should a three speed auto gat,because I can't get better than 15 MPG.

#8 ·
Depends on how deep ya keep ya foot off in it, I was pullin down about 20mpg in my TC, drive like " I should" and as low as 8mpg when I was playin

start your timing at about 10-12 and adjust from there, disconect your "knock" sensor set it as high as you can with out pre det then plug the knock back in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.